Born in Naples (Italy) on 14/08/1971
- February 2002 PhD in Applied Mathematics and Computer Science, from Department of Mathematics "Renato Caccioppoli" , University of Naples "Federico II"
- December 1996 Advanced Degree in Tecnologie avanzate dell'Informazione e della Comunicazione, IIASS, Vietri sul Mare (Salerno)
- December 1994 University Degree (Laurea) in Mathematics form Department of Mathematics "Renato Caccioppoli" , University of Naples "Federico II"
2001-present: Researcher at IAC-CNR
2013: National Scientific Habilitation as Associate Professor for Analysis, Probability and Mathematical Statistics. ( ASN2012 - 01/A03). Validità Abilitazione: dal 30/12/2013 al 30/12/2019
2014: National Scientific Habilitation as Associate Professor for Statistics. ( ASN2013 - 13/D1). Validità Abilitazione: dal 26/11/2014 al 26/11/2020
- 2016/2017 and 2017/2018: Analisi statistica per l'ambiente, Università degli Studi di Salerno, Master degree in Environmental Science
- 2014/2015 and 2015/2016: Analisi multivariata dei dati ambientali, Università degli Studi di Salerno, Master degree in Environmental Science
- 2013: Bioinformatica e analisi di dati complessi derivati da esperimenti di sequenziamento massivo, Napoli, Stazione Zologica e Università degli Studi di Napoli, 27-31/5/2013
- 2012: Statistica inferenziale. Master di 2° livello RISS (Ricerca e Innovazione in Scienze della Salute), Università degli Studi di Salerno. Ottobre-Novembre 2012
- 2012: Chip-seq: methods and applications in epigenomic studies (review + practical). EMBO course in Bioinformatics and Comparative Genome Analysis. Napoli, Stazione Zoologica, 15/5/2012
- 2011: Statistica di base applicata all’analisi di dati biologici: stima dei parametri e test di Ipotesi statistiche , Dottorato di ricerca in Biologia dei Sistemi, Università degli Studi di Salerno.
- 2003/4; 2004/5; 2005/6; 2006/7: 2007/08: Applicazioni delle Wavelets, Università della Calabria, Master degree in Electronic Engineering.
- 2008-2015: Member of the Faculty Board of the Graduate Doctorate program in Computational Biology, Second University of Naples.
Main Research Projects:
- 2015-2020: Co-ordinator of the IAC research unit in the HORIZON 2020/Marie Sklodowska Curie Action INnovative Life sCIence Phd Programme in South Italy — INCIPIT (INCIPIT)
- 2013-2015: Co-ordinator of the IAC research unit in the Industrial Research Project Study for the development of a diagnostic tool to achieve personalized therapeutic strategies for type 2 diabetes by genomic and transcriptomic approaches (DIAGEN-SC)
- 2012-2018: Co-ordinator of IAC research unit in the Italian Flagship project Epigenomics .
- 2012-2016: Co-ordinator of IAC research unit in the Italian Flagship project InterOmics .
- 2012-2015: Co-ordinator of the IAC research unit in the Project BIOforIU
- 2007-2013: Co-ordinator of the research unit Mathematical and Statistical Methods for genetics and proteomics, in CNR-Bioinformatics Interdepartmental Projects.
- 2008-2010: Co-ordinator of the research project Metodi Bayesiani di selezione delle variabili con applicazioni alla genomica, in the CNR-RTL projects.
- 2016-2017 Associate Editor of BMC BIOINFORMATICS SUPPLEMENT for CIBB 2015/2016.
- 2015-2016 Co-editor Editor of A Selection of paper from the 12th International Meeting on Computational Intelligence Methods for Bioinformatics and Biostatistics. Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics, vol. 9874, Springer (2016)
- 2015 Co-editor Editor of Proceedings of the 12th International Meeting on Computational Intelligence Methods for Bioinformatics and Biostatistics. ISBN 9788890643798, 2015.
- 2014 Associate Editor of BMC BIOINFORMATICS SUPPLEMENT for BITS 2014.
- 2013-2014: Editorial Board Member of The Scientific World Journal Area Bioinformatics
- 2013-2014: Editorial Board Member of International Journal of Biomedical Data Mining (IJBDM)
- 2013 Associate Editor of BMC BIOINFORMATICS SUPPLEMENT for BITS 2013.
- 2010-2013 : Associate Editor of International Journal of Biomedical Data Mining (IJBDM)
- 2017: Member of the Organizing and Scientific Committee of the BBCC meting 2017 , Napoli 18-20 December, 2017.
- 2017: Scientific Committee of NETTAB 2017 on Methods, tools & platforms for Personalized Medicine in the Big Data Era, October 16 - 18, 2017, Palermo, Italy.
- 2017: Program committee member of BITS2017, 14th Annual Meeting of the Bioinformatics Italian Society - Cagliari, 5-7 July 2017.
- 2016: Special Session Chair for the CIBB 2016, Stirling (UK) 1-3 September, 2016.
- 2016: Program committee and local promoting member del BITS2016, 13th Annual Meeting of the Bioinformatics Italian Society - Salerno, 15-17 June 2016.
- 2015: General Chair of CIBB2015, Naples, 10-12 September 2015.
- 2015: Program committee member of BITS2015, Twelfth Annual Meeting of the Bioinformatics Italian Society - Milan, 3-5 June 2015.
- 2015: Co-organizer of EPIGEN Chromatin Seminar - Naples, 11 May 2015.
- 2014: Co-organizar of InterOmics Tutorial Day 2014: Networks and Omic Data - Naples, 14 November 2014.
- 2014: Bioinformatics Technical Chair for the CIBB 2014, Cambridge (UK) 26-28 June, 2014.
- 2014: Program committee member of BITS2014, Eleventh Annual Meeting of the Bioinformatics Italian Society - Rome, 26-28 February 2014.
- 2013: Co-organizar of InterOmics Tutorial day. Naples, 14 November 2013
- 2013: Co-organizer of the Special Session Data integration and analysis in Omic-Science at CIBB2013, Nice, 19-22 June 2013
- 2012: Co-organizar of Bioinformatics for Omics Science (Bio4Omics), Area di ricerca CNR, Naples, 25-26 September 2012,
- 2012: Scientific committee member of CIBB2012, Houston Texas (USA), July 12-14, 2012.
- 2012: Scientific committee member of Next Generation Sequencing: What's Next? Workshop 1 June 2012, Uppsala, Sweden
- 2011: Bioinformatics Technical Chair for the CIBB 2011, Gargnano del Garda on June 30 – July 2, 2011.
- 2010: Co-organizer of the NETTAB 2010 on Biological Wikis, November 29 - December 1, 2010, Naples, Italy.
- 2010: Scientific committee member of CIBB2010, Palermo 16-18, September 2010.
- 2009: Co-organizer of the Special Session Combining Bayesian and Machine Learning Approaches in Bioinformatics: State of Art, Applications and Future Perspectives at the CIBB09, 15-17 October 2009, Genova.
- 2008: Scientific committee member of Nettab2008, Varenna 19-21, May 2008.
- 2007-2010: Co-organizer of the series of seminars I Martedì della Bioinformatica at the Dipartimento di Matematica ed Informatica , University of Salerno. (2007-till now)
- 2011-2015: Participant and substitute MC member to the COST Action BM1006: Next Generation Sequencing Data Analysis Network.
- 2010-now: Member of Gruppo Nazionale di Calcolo Scientifico (GNCS) INdAM.
- 2008-now: Member of BITS: Italian Bioinformatics Society.
Visiting scientist at
- October-November 1998 & November 1999: Laboratoire Modelisation et Calcul, Universite, J. Fourier, Grenoble.
- May—August 2001 & June 2002: School of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta USA.
- February 2002, November 2002 – May 2003, June 2004, May 2008, January 2012, October 2012, August 2013, February 2015: Department of Statistics and Operations Research, Tel Aviv University (Israel).
- September 2002, October 2007: Department of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Cyprus
- November 2004, November 2005, November 2006, April-May 2010: Department of Mathematics, University of Central Florida